This year, with the delivery of education changed so dramatically whether learning from home or in-person at school, mental health experts are anticipating an increased impact to the mental health of kids and their families.
This is why it is important to accompany them in this context where stress and anxiety can now be part of the things they experience every day.
At Valoris, our professionals offer advice and services to support your child with mental health issues. Our role is also to provide you with tools that can help you support your child in many different situations.
- 1Focus on what your child can control.
- 2Recognize the comforting rhythm of routine.
- 3Help your child learn and understand the new back-to-school rules. Clarify the things that need to be clarified with your child.
- 4Encourage your child to ask lots of questions.
- 5Help your child identify a trusted person at school.
To support parents and caregivers, Valoris, Children's Mental Health Ontario and other mental health experts in Ontario have created a Back to School Mental Health Toolkit with information and resources to help guide parents or caregivers in making decisions and supporting children and youth.
We offer consulting services in individual, family or group formats. Topics of discussion vary to suit the needs of the youth or child. To learn more about our mental health services, contact us at 1-800-675-6168.